LEADERSHIP COMMITMENT STATEMENT
Understanding the expectations of the character and responsibilities of a board member, I commit myself to the board of directors of the Women’s Care Center of Sevier County, Inc. as follows:
- I will strive to live my life on a daily basis according to the standard of Christ and His Word;
- I will strive to maintain a close relationship with the Lord by being a committed and obedient student of God’s Word, endeavoring to continually walk in the Spirit by regularly spending time alone with him, His Word and in prayer;
- I will view my membership on the board of directors of the Women’s Care Center of Sevier County, Inc. as a commitment to a team concept and to follow, lead and to relate to the organization, its board, staff and mission according to the principles of servant leadership as modeled to us in the life of Christ and His Word;
- I will pray regularly for those who serve with me as board members, for the Executive Director, staff, pregnancy resource centers and the pro-life cause as a whole;
- I will actively seek to be a guardian of the mission of the Women’s Care Center of Sevier County, Inc. and to endure the faithfulness of the organization to this mission;
- I will attend and participate in all meetings of the board. When circumstances arise that make it impossible for me to attend, I will notify the board Chairman about these circumstances;
- I will seek to build unity and mutual trust on the board and in the organization by practicing sensitive, open and honest communication with others. I will further seek to establish unity and trust by supporting the Women’s Care Center’s mission statement, by developing organizational camaraderie with genuine appreciation and respect for one another, and by working with the board, staff and volunteers to develop a shared philosophy of service through common priorities and methodologies;
- I will seek to stay proficient in my areas of expertise relating to the needs of this organization to enable me to better fulfill the expectations of a board member of the Women’s Care Center of Sevier County, Inc.
- When conflict arises between another board member and myself, I will follow the principles of Scripture as outlined in Matthew 18 and other relevant passages for quick resolution of the conflict.